Have a wonderful, creativemas
Yay! The festive season is upon us.
Even though festive parties, crowded Christmas markets and pantomimes will have to wait for another year, time does not stop. So, let’s embrace whatever we can by slowing down and enjoying every precious moment.
Taking time for a break and to calm your mind not only allows you to savour time with your loves ones but can reinvigorate your creativity too.
Why not bring your household together or take some moments alone and try our twelve ideas for making your creative soul sparkle?
12 days of creativemas
- Have a handy day. Our hands are made for expressing. Getting them moving is fun and can spark new ideas. So why not plan a crafty day? Here’s some festive inspiration.
- Head out for a winter walk. Fresh air can clear your mind, allow ideas to brew and inspiration to float in. You could try intentional walking or simply let nature inspire you.
- Get arty. Create some beautiful visuals to inspire a story. You don’t have to be a talented artist for these ideas to work but, if you are, bring your gift to the page!
- Use your pen to spread cheer. Try some of these ideas for spreading kindness with you pen and help get the world smiling.
- Write a mini story. Try this simple way to exercise your imagination using objects around the house or try experimenting with one of our beautiful writing prompts.
- Have a good ho, ho, ho! Laughter is well known to be ‘good medicine’ but it’s not just great for your body and your soul, it’s great for your creativity too. See if these eight things get you laughing.
- Create mindfully. Allow yourself to be present over productive using these three steps. These six ways to write mindfully may help too.
- Enjoy a quick, creative reset. Try The Shimmy for an energy boost or The Curl for instant calm using the simple techniques here.
- Dream up a new character. A character could stimulate new ideas. Download our simple character profile template and check out our character building tips. Children are particularly good at dreaming up imaginary people. Get out those crayons and see what they create!
- Travel with your imagination. Many of us may not be able to go on a grand adventure right now and dream of visiting somewhere new. The good news is, you can travel anywhere you like with your imagination. Read a book set in a place you’ve never visited or hop on board this journey for writers.
- Do something unexpected. What could you do this winter that you’ve never done before? Be spontaneous and try some of these ideas or grab a piece of paper and write a wonderful list of your own. Some wishes may have to wait but allow yourself to dream. It’s great for the soul.
- Take a moment to to reflect. Reflection is important for living a life by design, even during the toughest times when it may feel like events are out of your control. Reach for a notebook and close out your year using some of these suggestions so you can move into 2021 with a fresh mind.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas wherever you are.
Eat, drink and be fabulously creative!